Sunday, July 27, 2008

Call to the Bloggers

So Matt just announced the application process for bloggers. Let the rush begin. I never thought I would try to do it, but after restarting a blog this summer after a yearlong hiatus, I remember how much I like it. Basically, I like telling people things, whether they are important, or just random facts about me. Or the occassional vent. But I just like being able to write stuff about my life, and the fact that maybe someone will read it. A journal doesn't quite do it for me, but I do like writing with my fountain pen. Fact #1: I use fountain pens whenever I can. I lost my 100 Kč (maybe $4) fountain pen at Band Camp in the mountains, and probably can't get another one until I go back to the Czech Republic, which is a bummer, but I got a nice one for graduation. But I haven't used it much this summer due to my lack of writing on paper.

Anyway, back to the whole blogging idea. I kept a blog while I was on my year abroad in CZ, and it always suprised me to hear that I had like a following of people living vicariously through me. I guess that's what unusual experiences will do. But it was cool because people sort of knew what I was doing and what I was going through- tough experiences and all. I didn't keep it up during senior year but I just got back into it, and it's a lot of fun. As much as I don't like writing, this is the one kind I really enjoy. I don't know if I even have a chance of getting a blogging position, but I'm going to try anyway. I always feel like I'm sort of an average person doing average things, in an average life, but I like it that way.

No comments: