Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm Here

So it's really strange to actually be here. On the plane I was kind of freaking out that I'm not ready for college- I'm not old enough, I haven't spent enough time at home, but right now I'm okay.

I haven't actually met any other freshman yet, other than a girl who I got lost at the airport with because I'm the only freshman in New House 4 yet (I think, or so I'm told). I went in and registered, and then played Rock Band with 2 upperclassmen and then ate pasta with some others and now I'm back in my room.

The room is kind of typical dorm room. It has ugly wood furniture and a linoleum floor. It's actually a triple, but I'm the only one here, so I took the single bed, partly because I know one other girl is getting here Friday, and I don't know if the other exists, and I really don't like bunk beds. I made my bed, and the rest of my luggage is still unpacked.

2 comments:

Mara said...

Hi Becca,
Landed on your blog via blogger, (I'm at monkeysjumpingonthebed.blogspot.com). I very much remember my first 24 hours at university. Scary, indeed. But here's the best part- the next few years will be some of the most wonderful of your whole life. Hope the next 24 are better. Just wait til one month from now when it all seems like it was supposed to be exactly as it is.:)

Karen said...

i know how you feel about freaking out on the plane, but there are NO PEOPLE on my floor. it is epic strange.