Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stress

Classes haven't even started yet and I am incredibly stressed. I like the house I am in within New House, and I like my roommates, and I like the other people, but we got the loudest room in the place, right next to the lounge and I am the one who probably needs to go to bed the earliest because of rowing. Then someone told me that German House has an opening and now I have to consider that. The pros are that they cook everynight and it's quiet, but only like one or two actually speak German. I haven't met everyone, and one guy is uber annoying, but most of the others seem nice. This is just causing me crazy stress. I feel like German House has a lot of things to offer, but it wasn't what I wanted. And I don't really want to leave New House 4, but I feel like having trouble sleeping and having to worry about dinner everynight could be bad. If I was staying up on the same sleep schedule as the people in the lounge, it would be fine, but with rowing, I have to get sleep. We probably should have put that we wanted a quiet room on the sheet, but there weren't things to check and we didn't even think about it.

The other thing I'm stressing out about is classes. I really want to take this globalization class, but I can't if I'm in my seminar, which seems okay, but I'm not sure. I'm more interested right now in the cultural part that comes with globalization than with the development part, but maybe that would change with development experience? I talked to Donna Friedman who is like the head of UAAP and she sounded like changing was possible, but she didn't seem very happy about it. She said I could do the seminar as a listener, but I'm already supposed to be taking Czech as a listener once or twice a week at Harvard. I'm just worried I am stretching myself to thin, and nothing's even started yet. I really don't know what to do.

No comments: