Tuesday, June 10, 2008

There Must Be A First

So I don't know if anyone will actually ever read this, but why not give it a shot?

The thing that sucks about summer: finding a job. So I guess I technically have a job, but I don't know how many people call working 4 hours a week being employed. I looked for a job before school ended so I would make sure that I would have one, and not be bored during the summer, and actually make money for school. But so far, in 2 shifts where I was supposed to work 8 hours, I have worked 5, and made probably $35. Big drop in the tuition bucket. So I am currently trying to find like 4 more jobs. I have an interview at the library (or actually the city's human resources office) for some library test, but I don't know exactly what that entails. And then I got an email from MIT's work-study office saying something about a summer work-study, so hopefully that will come through with one of the companies I am interested in, and then I applied at a couple of Starbucks, but I don't know how finicky their hiring policies are. So my attempt to ease my employment woes kind of didn't turn out well. Oh yeah, I'm also trying to start my own data entry business. Job hunting sucks.

On the bright side, I did find out today that I got another scholarship, bringing the total up to $3800 for next year. I still have three to find out from, but not for awhile. Society of Automotive Engineers is supposed to be June 30th, SWE is sometime in August, and Wire Reinforcement Institute is who knows when.

I am feeling cynical, not that it comes through in my writing. I hope that my whole summer isn't taken over by job hunting.

No comments: