Monday, June 23, 2008

Will It Really Change?

So all through high school I've had really good friends, but I've never been one of those people who is friends with everyone, and I have to admit, I was always a little jealous. I love my friends, but there are definitely issues connecting with the others. I always felt like we just didn't have anything in common to talk about. They were interested in only frivolous things etc, and I always told myself in college it would be different. And I'm just scared it won't be. I'm good at making small talk, but beyond that? I scared about making real friends, and being separated from my 2 best friends, who I can tell everything to. We're all going to different states, to study different things.

I just hope I haven't built college up to something it can't be, and that I won't be disappointed. I don't want to be disappointed. I want to have a great 4 years and I hope that I won't ruin it for myself by thinking too much like I think I have before.

2 comments:

Karen said...

college will totally be different, if only because i met you on the first day of CPW and it was easier to talk to you than basically anyone i had ever met in high school. ever. if that was just a freak coincidence, the universe is playing a mean, mean trick.

also firefly is the best show ever. now all of my conversations go "what do you want to do?" "idk." "....FIREFLY!!!" i'm glad you've converted :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, everyone's nervous about starting college. And some have it tougher than others *cough*me*cough* - but I promise you that it is easier to have meaningful conversations with people at MIT. Just get out there (and if you're shy - stop it. Stop it now). Join some clubs you're interested in and socialize. It'll be OK =D.

Look at it logically: You have good friends now, and there's no friggin way that MIT is more frivolous than high school, right? =)